Demolition Costs vary mourn the US, depending on your city, state and region. Many various factors that go into pricing a demolition project. Estimating a demolition project can be much more challenging that estimating a typical construction project due to the fact that there are no set prices for each item to be demolished. Factors that can have a significant effect on the price of a demolition project may include, for example, the following:
- Requirements/ Restriction in your area
- Type of Material (Wood, Concrete, etc.)
- Project Size
- Salvage Material Value
- Scope of Work
- Hauling/ Disposal Fees
- Project Location/ Accessibility to Structure
- Hazardous Materials
As an illustration, here are a few examples of basic demolition projects:
All example pricing is based on the Demolition Contractor providing all material, equipment, insurance to complete project. All resulting debris will be removed from site and recycled or disposed of in a lawful manner:
- Demolition of a 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse or office building could cost from $4.00-$8.00 per sq. ft. making the price range from $40,000-$80,000. Interior demolition of the same 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse could cost from $2.00-$6.00 per sq. ft. making the price range from $20,000-$60,000.
- Demolition of a 750 square foot (25×30) 2 car detached garage could cost from $2.00-$5.00 per square foot making the price range from $1,500-$3,750.
- Demolition of a 1500 square foot residential house could cost from $2.00-$6.00 per sq. ft. making the price range from $3,000-$9,000.